North America > USA > NYC Change
Date: 2018-08-31 01:43:39 -0400
How to Write a Resume?
The resume gives the face to your accomplishments. It gives you an opportunity to explain the long-term goals or even your short-term career objectives. It is a marketing document that gives you a chance to tell your one-of-a-kind work story to the employer.
So as you’re thinking about how to write an effective resume, don’t forget that you should use it to highlight your USPs, not just work history and old responsibilities.
To start with how to write a perfect resume, let’s look at five simple tips cited by Top Placement Agencies in Bangalore:
1. Collect all the information, i.e., names and addresses of employers, dates of employment beforehand to make the resume making the process easier.
2. Study the job requirement carefully and list down all of the skills, experience and education needs. Arrange them in your resume correctly.
3. Choose an appropriate resume format and divide the information into the four main sections: Career Summary, Skills, Work Experience, and Education.
4. Proofread your document carefully. Use a proofreading tool or ask a friend to review.
5. If needed use a professional resume builder.
Next, the most commonly asked question is - What’s the Best Resume Format?
There are three types of resume formats: chronological, functional, and combination or hybrid. Study these and then select the best one you can use.
Secondly, whichever format you decide to stick to, keep in mind that readability is the most critical factor. Keep the font size minimum 10pt and maximum 12pt. Go for Font styles, as they are clean and comfortable to read. According to Best Placement Consultants in Bangalore, some of the recommended fonts are Tahoma, Arial, Garamond, Verdana, Century Gothic, Bookman, Cambria, and Times New Roman.
Apart from fonts, you could personalize your resume in the following ways:
- Add pops of color. Refer to some resume templates available online.
- Ignore critical details like marital status, religious affiliation, political affiliation, and date of birth or age if not asked for or needed.
- Avoid using buzzwords or jargons.
- Tailor your resume in line with the job opportunity cited.
- Write your resume in the first person and present tense if you are currently employed. Use past tense to describe your past work experience.
- Use as many action words as possible and no repetition, please.
- Mention past achievements.
TeamPlus Staffing Solution Pvt Ltd
A – 304, Riddhi Siddhi, Sector – 6,
PCNTDA, Near SpineCity Mall, Moshi Pradhikaran,
Pune – 412105
Phone - +91 80 8760 6363
Workbench Projects, Gupta Layout,
Halasuru Metro Station, Old Madras Road,
Halasuru, Bangalore – 560008
Phone:- +91 9552 543 304
Website: - http://www.teamplusindia.in/
Workbench Projects, Gupta Layout, Halasuru Metro Station, Old Madras Road, Halasuru